Tuesday, November 29, 2011

6 month blood work and survived Thanksgiving Holiday.

I survived the Thanksgiving Holiday and actually lost two pounds. I did not get in too much exercise but I did walk a lot. I did not deprive myself but I ate sensible portions and tasted anything I wanted. My snacks still consisted of Beef Jerky and almonds.

I had my 6 month post surgery blood panel done yesterday and everything was fantastic. Prior to my surgery, my A1C test for my blood sugar was 10.2, it was down to 6.3 at the 3 month mark and yesterday, it was 5.5. My Diabetes is totally under control with no medication and has improved at every reading. My Cholesterol is also in the normal range which it has been since the weight loss. The one number that had been hard to improve was my good cholesterol but I was able to get it up to the normal level as well. My blood pressure was excellent as well. This sleeve is such a great tool I have been given and I am going to take full advantage of it. My diet and exercise continues to inch me closer to my weight loss goal, I am now down a total of 92 lbs. in 6 months.

Stay tuned, I am ramping up my strength training and going to increase my cardio as well. I am going to try to reach my weight loss goal by January 1st.

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations Kemo! That is an excellent improvement of those obesity related issues.

    ~Sheila
    http://thisonebody.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job on your labs and progress! My good cholesterol is low so I need to work on that.

    ReplyDelete