Thursday, May 12, 2011

Search for a Surgeon

This was the hard part. Being self-pay, the cost was part of the equation but not a deciding factor. I live in the Dallas Area and there are some great surgeons there, I had narrowed it down to two but in reality, the cost was just too much. I had been on the forums and communicating with people all over the world trying to find a solution, something I could feel safe about and something to fit my budget. There were several Doctors in Mexico that came highly recommended. The first thing I thought of when I heard MEXICO was "underground" and organ harvesters. I was scared to death. The more research I did and the more people I talked to it became more and more logical. I found a surgeon in Tijuana, Mexico that has done more sleeves than any surgeon I could find here in the U.S. . The main reason the Medical care in Mexico is more affordable than the U.S. is the mal-practice insurance premiums and fancy hospitals in the U.S. , they have to be paid for by somebody.

I had found a couple of Surgeons there in Tijuana that was qualified and I felt comfortable with. The deciding point for me was communication. I had emailed and called both Patient coordinators, one got back to me in a timely manner, the other did not. I emailed more questions to both again, the same one got back to me, the other FIVE DAYS LATER. That was enough for me. Once I made my decision, I would email or call my coordinator several times a week, God bless her. She always takes the time to answer ALL of my questions and puts my mind at ease. My surgery has been set for 5-25-2011. More to come and a bit of a surprise.

No comments:

Post a Comment