Monday, May 30, 2011

Surgery is completed

I am back home feeling great. I still do not have any energy since I cannot drink much protein right now, the stomach is still a little swollen. My incisions look great, I am a little surprised I am not more sore. If I did not have the x-ray from our leak test, I would not be convinced they took out 80% of my stomach. We had a great drive home and no pain. I have not taken any pain meds since 2 days after surgery. I am having a very hard time getting these Antibiotics down, I have to cut them into 4 sections and use yogurt to get them down, they are nasty.

The worst thing I experienced is this purple dye we had to drink ( 8oz) for our first leak test.The good news, no leaks in our drains, the bad news, it was the worst thing on earth to drink. It made our third leak test
( drinking the barium) for the radiologist a picnic after that purple stuff.

It looks like I have a couple more weeks on liquid and then I can move to soft foods, I think I will be ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment