Friday, May 13, 2011

Surprise in my Bloodwork

I went to my primary to get a full blood panel and an EKG, I wanted to have a reference point and make sure there were no issues before making the trip to Mexico. My blood work came back showing I had very high blood sugar levels, I was diagnosed with Diabetes. I should not have been surprised but I was. My primary wanted to start me on all of this medication to get my Blood glucose level down but we decided to wait since my surgery was coming up at the end of May. Most people that have the surgery no longer have diabetes due to the new eating lifestyle and weight loss. Since the day in the doctor's office, I have not had any sugar and only very few carbs. I have a blood glucose meter that I test my blood and my numbers have already improved greatly.

The good news is my blood pressure has always been good and my EKG was clean. The next thing is to start preparing for the trip and gettting ready to start my liquid pre-op diet which will start on 5-16-11, stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment