Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Blood numbers are back.

Well, there must be something to this whole notion about eating healthy is good for you. I just got my blood panel back from my 3 month post surgery check up. My Diabetes is totally controlled now with no medication. My A1C test ( 3 month average of blood sugar) went down from 10.2 ( dangerous level) to 6.2, normal level. My fasting glucose went from 237 to 105. This was very important to me so I would not have to get on diabetic medication. My total cholesterol went from 238 to 138, my bad cholesterol went from 137 to 82 and my triglycerides went from 286 to 96, all in the normal range now. My sleeve has been the perfect tool for me to restrict my food intake to lose the weight and get healthy. My exercise program has given me the will to push forward because of the results. Who would have thought that exercise and eating healthy was good for you.

Now for the bad news. I have been on a weight loss stall, I have been trying to get down to 249 for my August goal, I have been at 250 for a while and that 1 lb is tough to get rid of. My dietitian told me that I need to increase my food intake and reduce my exercise, can you believe that? I was told that your body goes into survival mode if you are not taking in enough calories and are burning more calories from exercise. Normally that is a good thing as long as your calorie intake is enough but I am only getting about 650 calories a day. I have one more day to lose that pound so I think I am going to eat a hamburger and sit on the couch.

No comments:

Post a Comment