Thursday, June 30, 2011

Have not crossed that 270 Barrier

It has been 10 days since my last post and I have been trying to break that 270 barrier and get down to 269. I am at 270, only down 2 lbs in 10 days. Since I cannot start my exercise program until after next week, the walking just is not getting it done. I am going to Oklahoma for the 4th of July Holiday and I am looking forward to eating some steak and shrimp, 4oz at a time. I feel so much better and the energy level is getting better, I still get in a nap once a day. I have been lucky, I have not found a food that I cannot tolerate. Bread is the only thing that is very heavy for me but I only have that every once in a while. Everything has tasted so good. I am staying away from carbs and sugar and only eating a few ounces of meat and vegetables. This is my 5th week and I am down 45 lbs total from when I started this journey. I have lost 26 lbs since the  actual surgery on May 25th. I cannot wait to lose the rest of the weight. It is amazing how getting rid of just this much feels, I cannot imagine how it is going to feel when I lose the rest. It gets a little frustrating when I go a week without losing and then I might lose 3 lbs the next week. It is going to take some time but I have set my goal at 8 months. I think once I can exercise, it will accelerate the weight loss.

No comments:

Post a Comment